Friday, June 6, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past Review (Spoiler Free)

          Bryan Singer is back to his home. That home being X-Men. X-Men 1 and X-Men 2 were awesome. Then we had X-Men 3 and that was trash. That was not by singer. X-Men: Days of Future Past prove singer is a genius when it comes to X-Men.
    X-Men: First Class was my favorite X-Men before this film and that was due to the cast. James McAvoy and Academy Award nominated Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence. They brought more depth and more feelings then the original cast. Don't get me wrong, I love the original cast, I just like the first class cast better. I'm so glad the two casts are mixed. Everyone did great. Going into the movie I was worried about there being to many characters.  I don't know why I worried .They were used so well. No one was wasted, no one was dead space. They were all developeda and they all helped the movie progress forward. Even the people who were in it for 5 minutes.I want to highlight Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Hugh Jackman, Peter Dinklage, Ellen Page, Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender. The one I'm going to praise is James McAvoy. He's the best part of the movie. If he doesn't get an academy award nomination I'll be out raged. He was that good. I even think he's better then Patrick Stweart. Yes I just said that.
    This story could have been so confusing with time travel and having the same character being played by 2 different actors. Singer seamlessly made it work. It could've very easily been really confusing but it wasn't. 
    X-Men: Days of Future Past was not only a great comic book movie but it was a good sci-fi film and a good movie. People are always worried about there being to much villains. There were 4 villains in this and it was still awesome. It's just the way you use them that makes them bad. 
    X-Men first my 3 requirements for a good comic book film. 1.) Its grounded in reality. 2.) The love interest is not the main focus and 3.) The Villain(s) are represented well. I give X-Men Days of Future Past a 15/10


No comments:

Post a Comment