Friday, June 6, 2014

2014 June Movie Preview

          2014 June Movie Preview
    June is the second month in the summer movie season. It's not as packed as May was but, it has some really interesting movies in it. 
JUNE
June 6th-One of the movies to come out on this day is The Fault in Our Stars. John Green's best selling novel stars Shailene Woodley as Hazel Lancaster and Ansel Elgort as Agustus Waters. They meet in a cancer support group. I didn't read the book and the trailer got me mildly interested.  Click here to watch The Fault in Our Stars Trailer

The more interesting, the one I think will be the surprise of the year also comes out on June 6th is a Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt thriller The Edge of Tomorrow. Directed by Doug Liman (who did The Bourne Identity which I was a big fan of)it's about soldiers who must relive their last battle over and over again. It looks a lot like Oblivion which I was not a big fan of at first, than I watched it again and loved it. I'm very interested in this film and I have some expectations for it. I want it to land in my top 15 of the year. Click here for The Edge of Tomorrow Trailer 

June 13th-The only animated movie I see being any good this year (and really the only one)is How to Train Your Dragon 2. It's been four years since the first installment in this animated franchise. The first one was awesome. I loved it. It was in my top two animated movies of 2010. I love the fact that they used the time to their advantage. They made Hiccup look 4 years older. In this one the two (Hiccup and his dragon Toothless) find a Ice cave home to new dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider. This movie will do awesome at the box office. It has no other animated film that it's competing against. There is literally no other summer animated film to come out that looks good. There is no PIXAR or DISNEY (besides Planes 2) film to compete with it. Families are going to go to this. That means lots of money. Click here for the How to Train Your Dragon 2 trailer

June 27th-The last film in June that is note worthy or mentionable is the fourth film in Michael Bay's Transformers series Transformers: Age of Extinction. The first Transformers was awesome, the second was cool, the third was stupid. The Transformers movies have declined in quality. I have a really good feeling about this one. I don't know what is attracting me to this movie but, I'm getting some pretty good vibes from this one. There are the dinobots! They are dinosaur looking robots. In the trailer you see Optimus Prime riding Grimlock with a Giant Sword! It looks awesome. I'm excited to see what new things Mark Wahlberg (the person staring in it) can bring to the table. This is supposedly going to start a "new franchise" in the Transformers universe but, still going to be called 4, 5, and 6. Click here for the Transformers: Age of Extinction trailer. This is the movie I'm looking forward to the most in June.


No comments:

Post a Comment