Monday, March 31, 2014

Muppets Most Wanted Review

     The 8th film in the Muppet series is called Muppets Most Wanted. The Muppets are on a world tour. A Kermit look-a-like named Constatine kid naps Kermit and takes his place on the Muppet tour. On the Muppet tour Constatine with the help of Dominic (played by Ricky Gervais) rob museums and banks. This movie had potential but, It was not a great movie.
   I love heist movies. I love comedies. I love the Muppets. What could have gone wrong with this film? This movie was disappointing for several reasons. One the songs weren't great, the acting was sub par,and it was slow paced and boaring.
   Before I tell you the bad, I'll tell you the good. The story/script. There are more goods the bads in the script/story. It was a very clever movie. A movie that seemed like a perfect fit for the Muppets. The script was good. Just good. It was mildly funny. I didn't laugh like I did in other Muppet Movies. There were a couple funny lines. It kept my entertained. The comedy was what made me have the energy not to fall asleep. The most disappointing part was Statler and Waldorf (the old men)lines were stupid. They weren't funny. They tried to hard. It seemed like the writes didn't care for their parts. They just threw them in. The old men Muppets are my favorite. If their lines are not funny, just don't put them in. It pains me to say that but, I want good memories of them.
   Songs are one staple to Muppet movies. They usually have me singing along by the 2nd verse and are stuck in my head for at least a week. I couldn't remember any songs from this movie. I could tell you the lines they repeated about 10 million times but I can't tell you the tune to the. They didn't stand out like most of the Muppet songs do. Every song in this movie I would put in the bottom of my favorite Muppet songs.
    You can tell they were going for the comedy side with this movie with actors like Ty Burrell, Tiny Fey, and Ricky Gervais. Those were the only human stars with significant screen time and purposes that moved the movie forward. They did that. The actors didn't feel out of place. I love this actors in everything else they do just not this movie. I know the Muppets are the focal point of this movie but, the actors didn't seem like they tried. Even  if your a supporting role you still need to try your best. It seemed like the acting was lazy and not worth their while. 
     Muppets Most Wanted was disappointing. I would recommend seeing this when it comes to redbox. I will give Muppets Most Wanted a 6/10.       

No comments:

Post a Comment