Sunday, May 18, 2014

Star Wars VII Cast

          The biggest casting announcement in the past 20 years is finally here. Months of speculation has finally come to an end. There are no more rumors, just facts. The cast of Star Wars Episode 7 is finally known to the world. 
    The main thing I take from this cast is they are not well known. It feels like the original Star Wars in the sense that the people they casted are not well known. When they first casted Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford no one knew who they were. They went back to the roots of the original Star Wars to cast little known actors. I really appreciate that they are not casting for star power but for talent. You can just sense these people are really talented actors. 
    Another thing I take away from this casting is it seems like this cast is built to last. Besides the people returning, the whole cast is really young. They put this cast together so it could stay together for 10, 15 years. There is going to be 3 more Star Wars Movies (not including the spin offs) and I doubt there going to kill any one off in the episode 7 or 8.  I gave you my over view of the cast, now i'm going to brake down each person the best I can. 
    I'm going to start off with the people returning. The big 6 are returning. Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher (Leia), Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Kenny Baker (R2-D2), and Anthony Daniels (C3-PO). I don't think I need to expand on why I'm glad to see these returning. I'm just disappointed Billy Dee Williams is not returning. I really wanted to see him again.
    The first person I'm going to focus on is Max von Sydow. He is the one exception to "this cast is built to last". He is 85 years old. He's like the Alec Guiness of this modern era of Star Wars. He is the eldest member of the cast and also the most talented. He has the most things on his resume. Is he going to play a Sith? He is so good at playing villains. Maybe he is going to be a Jedi like Alec Guiness was. 
    Adam Driver (of the show Girls) was rumored to be in it about 3 weeks before the official announcement. He was rumored to be a sith. Domhnall Gleeson was also casted. Most people know him for his role in the Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows part 1&2 as Bill Weasley. I would say he did a pretty good job. Oscar Isaac is another member of the cast. He was recently the lead in Inside Llewyn which was a Oscar nominated film. John Boyega is another lucky person who got casted. He is most well known for his role in Attack the Block. 
    The only female who got casted was Daisy Ridley. She has literally done nothing. She has only done 2 short films. She pretty good in the one I saw. Click Here to see one of Ridley's short films. 
    The one new comer I'm really excited about is Andy Serkis. He is awesome. He played Gollum, and Ceaser in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. He is a awesome actor.
    I really wish I could expand on these actors, I just can't. Theres not enough information. A quick rundown of the casting is Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Anthony Daniels, Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, and Andy Serkis. Again I really wish I cold expand on why I think this is good casting. Theres just not enough information.  
    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment