Friday, March 24, 2017

Power Rangers Review

          When I look back at my childhood, the Power Rangers were a part of it but they weren't the stars of it. I enjoyed my time when I watched this show. In fact I was the green Power Ranger for Halloween multiple years in a row. I just wasn't a mega fan. 
           I had so much fun watching this movie. And that's really what this movie was. Fun. My levels of enjoyment were so high. I haven't felt these levels of enjoyment since Captain America: Civil War.
          In any movie that has teen characters, you are worried that the acting will be terrible. Well, I'm happy to report that this acting is actually surprisingly good. It's not that bad young adult acting you might see in movies like The Divergent Series or The Fifth Wave. It's not amazing acting but it's good enough. The stand outs being Naomi Scott (Pink Ranger), Dacre Montgomery (Red Ranger), and RJ Cyler (Blue Ranger.) The other two actors weren't bad by any means. It's just that those three actors stood out. They were just given more time to develop given their circumstances as characters. My personal favorite was RJ Cyler. He co-stared in one of my favorite movies of recent years Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. I really wanted him to break out and get more opportunities and I really think he will. In a movie with a team of heroes you need good chemistry. These actors do provide you with that chemistry that this movie needed. The comedy beats hit, and they hit effectively. 
          Power Rangers did something that I really appreciate when movies do it. It sucked me into the world. I was entrapped in the world that was Power Rangers. Were there faults in this movie? Most likely. I just didn't seem to notice them because I was just having so much fun. If you go see this movie, will you find problems with it? Probably. You won't probably like it as much as I did. However, you will find some sense of fun in it. 
          Out of the movies I've seen this year I have to say that this is probably my favorite. Is it the best? Not necessarily. But it is my favorite when you take into account the amount of fun I had while watching it, the enjoyment I had while watching it, and that's what a movie is supposed to do. Movies are meant to take you out of the real world, and bring you into one where you just have fun. Power Rangers did that more than any other movie in recent memory. Chances are you won't like it as much as me. However you will most likely experience the fun you are wanting from a Power Rangers Movie. 


        

No comments:

Post a Comment