Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Lego Batman Move Review

          Everything was awesome with The Lego Movie. Everything was awesomer with The Lego Batman Movie. Out of my top 5 animated films of all time, Lego movies now occupy 2/5 of that list. 
          Sometimes movies just connect with you on a level that most movies don't. The Lego Batman Movie did that with me. One reason why I loved this movie so much is, this movie is the epitome of my humor. Humor that is sarcastic, with a sense of bluntness. Every time there was a joke I laughed. Not one joke fell flat. I was laughing from beginning to end. 
          One of the reasons I may have laughed so much is I got all the jokes. This movie makes fun of and takes jabs at previous Batman movies. If you haven't seen previous Batman movies, some of the jokes might fly right over your head. But there are still a lot of jokes that you will get, so don't worry. 
          The main reason as to why this movie worked so well is you could tell the writers and the director understood the character of Batman. This movie wouldn't have worked if the creators didn't have a clear and comprehensable understanding of Batman. They were well aware of how to make fun of him to create humor, and the were well aware of how to write this character to create original humor that worked. 
          Not only was this a good comedy, this movie had heart, and a very good message. I was actually surprised that it wasn't humor all the time. There were emotional moments that made me tear up. Those moments provided a good break from the humor. 
          And now for the negatives. There aren't any. There was never a single moment where I thought, this could've been done better. Everything was executed perfectly. This movie was flawless. It was hilarious, and it did exactly what it needed to do.  
          As you could've guessed I give The Lego Batman Movie a perfect 5/5. I know it's the very beginning of the year but, I find it really improbable to find a movie better than this one. Really the only one I see upsetting this one is Star Wars Ep.VIII: The Last Jedi. 
If I was in charge of putting a quote on this movie poster, it would be "The Best Animated Movie in the past 5 years."
          
          

1 comment: